“Empty chair, broken promises, empty suit”
by John Alexander Madison
October 22, 2012
In a futile attempt to recover from a disastrous “performance” in the first 2012 presidential debate, President Hussein Obama’s puppet masters explained he was “off his game.” I’ve got news for you Mr. Obama, being elected the leader of the free world is not a game.
Fast forward to debate #2. The president said he was offended by the suggestion that anybody on “his team” would intentionally withhold the truth about what happened in Libya or use the tragedy for partisan purposes. In that regard, I offer these remarks: (1) Nobody, including Governor Romney and Congressman Paul Ryan, made such a suggestion, so may we assume that the president or his team is doing exactly that…trying to use this tragedy for his political advantage? (2) Why is it so difficult for President Obama to use the words “terrorist attack?” The attack at the American Embassy in Libya on September 11, 2012 was a tragedy and it was, without any doubt whatsoever, a terrorist attack. And, your post-attack actions were, quite clearly, politically motivated. Everyone in American including Reverend Jeremiah Wright, Bill Ayers, David Axelrod, Valerie Jarrett, David Plouffe, Michelle Obama, your kids, the Cheshire Cat (Joe Biden) and Barrack Obama knows that. Consider yourself offended, Mr. President.
Yes, on the 11th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks right here is America, the attack in Libya was no less a terrorist attack than when Army Major Nidal Hassan assassinated 13 soldiers and wounded many others at Ft. Hood, Texas on November 9, 2006. Yet, our naïve, game-playing, politically motivated president insists it was a case of “workplace violence.” It makes one wonder what this president’s agenda is, but after 45 months in office his agenda has become quite clear…appeasement. Shame on you Mr. President and your “team” for perpetuating a cover-up far more egregious than Watergate…you have permanently etched Banghazigate as your enduring legacy…a massive cover-up. Have you not learned that the cover up is often far worse than the crime itself?
The November 6, 2012 presidential election is not a game Mr. President yet you are playing a dangerous one with the future of America and I, for one, do not appreciate it.
Recently, the president paraphrased the words of President Harry S Truman by suggesting the buck stops here, most of the time. What he means, is when it is convenient for him to do so. But with the election just over two weeks away he has decided it was far easier to have Secretary of State Hillary (‘after three years in the White House I just came across these Rose law firm records in my closet’) Clinton take the fall. And Obama says his opponent is waging a war on women? Who is he kidding?
Before deciding who to vote for on November 6th let’s give credit where credit is due.
• Unemployment among blacks, Hispanics, women, and young people is more than 2 percent higher than the disgraceful national average of over 8% for 44 of the last 45 months. The President is responsible for that.
• Unemployment conveniently dropped just below 8% last week but one wonders what it would have been if California had reported its numbers in time for that report. And one wonders how much higher unemployment would have been if President Obama’s Labor Department had not ordered Lockheed-Martin to delay laying off 122,000 workers until after the election. The President is responsible for that.
• President Obama promised to cut the budget deficit in half, yet in each of the last four years we have seen a deficit of over one trillion dollars. The President is responsible for that.
• President Obama promised to cut the national debt, yet it has grown from under $10 trillion in 2008 to over $16 trillion in 2012. The President is responsible for that.
• The Braken Bat Cave Meshweaver spider has been declared an endangered species thus halting an important $15 million highway underpass project in San Antonio, TX. The President is responsible for that. Suggestion: If you see one of these dangerous (sorry, Mr. President, endangered) species step on it immediately.
• Mr. President, is Ms. Clinton also willing to take responsibility for the green energy companies into which you poured $90 billion dollars and which are, one by one, quickly falling into bankruptcy. And is it is any coincidence that many of these companies were owned by your campaign contributors? It seems these “investments” were primarily motivated for political gains.
To paraphrase a Governor Romney remark made at the Al Smith dinner in New York City last week, the last four years and this article were brought to you by the letter “O” and the number $16 trillion. Brilliant, Governor!
The President has a penchant for hanging with such celebrities as Miami radio talk show host, the “Pimp with a Limp,” the ladies of The View, Eva Longhoria and other Hollywood mental giants rather than world leaders visiting the United Nations. While it might be characterized as an interesting campaign strategy, I remain unimpressed. This president was unqualified for this office and he has done nothing to change my mind. He has proven to be a lightweight. He is our ‘president in absentia,’ totally disengaged.
President Obama’s campaign has been one of division and anger...and in two debates he has resorted to mischaracterize Governor Romney’s record and solutions for the future. But when you have no positive record to stand on yourself and nothing to show after more than 100 rounds of golf what else can he do?
Clint Eastwood nailed it. Empty chair, broken promises, and an empty suit.