"When they allow a talk show host to play them like a two-dollar banjo, they demonstrate what kind of backbone they'll bring to the job later on, if we elect them. After they get elected will they continue to allow Jeff Crank to put a nickel in them and wind them up every Saturday morning?"
Barry Noreen, former columnist, Colorado Springs Gazette
Barry Noreen, former columnist, Colorado Springs Gazette
"There's a lot of talent there" - Shannon Fowler
Sunday, April 17, 2011
“It’s the debt, dummy!”
by John Alexander Madison
April 18, 2011
“Do you think we’re stupid?” (Obama, April 2011) I suspect the President meant that as a rhetorical question, one posed with no expectation of a reply. But I’ll answer it Yes, Mr. President, I do. And if you are not, then you are nothing but a partisan, conniving politician representing only the best interests of yourself and your supporters but not our country.
“Come on guys, I am President of the United States.” (Obama, April 2011) So what’s your point, Mr. President, you want a fancier telephone? Go buy one.
Remember this one? “Americans cling to God their guns and their guns.” (Obama 2008)
“Paul Ryan is no more than America’s accountant.” (Obama, April 2011) And for that, Mr. President, we are eternally grateful. Your lack of leadership on budget negotiations leads one to believe you cannot balance your own checkbook let alone the nation’s budget, which is very clear. And on Friday the governments of China, India, Russia, Brazil and South Africa began work on a plan to create a worldwide currency, thereby ending the long reign of the U.S. dollar as the world’s reserve currency. You cannot blame it on Bush, Mr. President, this one is on you! Thank God for Paul Ryan’s efforts to balance our ship of state.
“And it you think you can override my veto, try it.” (Obama, April 2011) Thought I’d throw this one in, just in case you needed yet another example of this President so often being described as the most arrogant President in the history of our country. I wonder why. While arrogant is often applied to this President’s demeanor other descriptions are frequently overheard: dangerous, dishonest, weak, cunning, negative, phony, juvenile, and unqualified. While some may be accurate I’ll stick to the facts to describe our President: partisan, disingenuous, promoter of class warfare, over-vacationed, disrespected by world leaders, scripted, incapable of speaking extemporaneously without gaffes, good father and husband.
But you know what, this is all a distraction. Name calling, questioning Obama’s nation of birth, discussing the absence of the latest technology for the Oval Office telephones, the excessive number of vacations this President has taken (often in times of crisis), how many rock stars the President has entertaining him at the White House, how many overpaid athletes he “hangs with,” or whether he is an above average one-on-one basketball player are nothing but distractions.
It is interesting and somewhat humorous to observe Obama’s shift toward the middle as he prepares for a run for four more years. What he said to be elected in 2008 and what he is saying once again in his reelection effort is a far cry from HIS RECORD.
Check the record to verify if these statements are true:
• Has Obama doubled the national debt in one year, the debt which took over two hundred years to accumulate?
• Did Obama propose to double the national debt again in the next decade?
• Did the cost of the Food Stamp program balloon from $40 billion to $70 in the last two years?
• Did Obama criticize Arizona’s new immigration law, while admitting he had not read it?
• Did Obama join with the Mexican government to sue the State of Arizona in order to force it to allow illegal immigration?
• Did Obama really refer the U.S. Marine Corps as the U.S. Marine Corpse?
• Did Obama put 87,000 Americans out of work by declaring a moratorium on offshore drilling?
• Do aides really scribble talking points on Teleprompters during news conferences in order to make the President look smarter than he is? Teleprompters for news conferences?
• Did Obama really spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to take his wife to a play in NYC?
• Did Obama really reduce the retirement plan holdings of General Motors stock for thousands of Americans by 90% and give unions a majority stake in the publicly traded company?
• Did Obama really make a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics?
• Did Obama really give the British Prime Minister a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs in exchange for a historically significant gift?
• Did Obama really give Queen Elizabeth an iPod containing videos of his speeches?
• Did Obama really bow to the King of Saudi Arabia? (I threw in an easy one. You know this answer.)
• On a visit to Austria did Obama really make reference to the Austrian language? Is it, Spanish?
• Has Obama filled his cabinet with more than one person who cannot seem to keep their income taxes current or who have omitted to report various sources of income?
• Obama did not state there are 57 states in our United States, did he?
• Did Obama really fly to Denmark to give a five minute speech to talk about how bring the Olympics to his hometown would benefit him personally by walking out his front door to enjoy the games? Someone wrote on the internet “he sounds like a self-important, conceited, egotistical jerk to me.”
• Did Obama really talk about “Cinco de Cuatro” in front of the ambassador from Mexico on May 5th?
• Did Obama really waste 9,000 gallons of fuel to plant a single tree on “Earth Day?” Sounds like 24/7 campaign mode to me. Symbolism.
• Did Obama really authorize a flyover of downtown Manhattan by Air Force One at a very low altitude causing widespread panic?
• Did Obama really create 32 Czars who report directly to him, bypassing the House and Senate on what is happening in America?
• Did Obama really fire the CEO of a major U.S. corporation with no Constitutional authority to do so?
These questions have been presented to you following a summary provided on the internet this week. Are any of them true? Are ALL of them true? I suspect you know the answers through media reports…if not, look them up.
Like many clear thinking Americans, I am not impressed with this President. However, he is your President and he is my President but after 27 months in office I have concluded Obama is not ready for prime time. I am embarrassed for our nation.
If America does not wake up now, and if America does elect someone other than Mr. Obama in November 2012 we have nobody but ourselves to blame.
All of the above is amusing, and relevant to an extent. However, with the U.S. debt now well above $14,000,000,000,000 (U.S. Dollars) we only need to focus on that fact in order to make an informed decision on November 6, 2012.
Just as we learned in a few previous elections over the last twenty years “It’s the economy, stupid,” our new mantra can only be “It’s the debt, dummy.” Nothing else is as damaging to the future of our country as the unprecedented and unsustainable debt accumulated by President Barrack Hussein Obama. Let’s not ever forget that.
In an article entitled “Inexcusable” on October 19, 2009 I reported:
Footnote: It should be noted that a mere 21.9% of the U.S. population elected the Obama-Biden ticket in November 2008 (66.89 million out of an estimated population of 305 million.) And then there are those ‘annoying’ U.S. county maps which show an overwhelming majority of counties voted for the Republican Presidential nominee in 2000, 2004 and again in 2008. Someone suggested if we can just convince Los Angeles, Chicago and New York City to secede from our union, we can take our country back. Short of that happening, we’ve got work to do.
I might add here, if we restrict voting to U.S. citizens that would be a good start. Support proof of citizenship and government issued photo identification when voting legislation in your state!