"When they allow a talk show host to play them like a two-dollar banjo, they demonstrate what kind of backbone they'll bring to the job later on, if we elect them. After they get elected will they continue to allow Jeff Crank to put a nickel in them and wind them up every Saturday morning?"
Barry Noreen, former columnist, Colorado Springs Gazette
Barry Noreen, former columnist, Colorado Springs Gazette
"There's a lot of talent there" - Shannon Fowler
Monday, November 9, 2009
“The Difference between Right and Wrong, Good and Evil”
by John Alexander Madison
November 9, 2009
At an early age, and from many sources, I learned what is right and what is wrong.
We all learned from the Ten Commandments (1) to remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy, and (2) to honor your father and your mother; that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you. Those are good things. On the other hand, we learned that (1) taking the name of the Lord your God in vain, (2) murder, (3) adultery, (4) stealing, (5) bearing false witness against your neighbor, (6) coveting your neighbor’s house, your neighbor’s wife, his male servant, his female servant, his ox, his donkey, or anything that is your neighbors... are bad things.
The Colorado Springs based United States Air Force Academy Honor Code states "We will not lie, steal, or cheat, nor tolerate among us anyone who does." Nor will I. I will not lie, steal, cheat, NOR TOLERATE AMONG US ANYONE WHO DOES. Therefore, I am compelled to file a complaint against the President of the United States who has stolen our country and abandoned the very principles upon which this great nation was built. You, Mr. President, and your gang of thieves have stolen our democracy (thou shalt not steal) and your experiment in socialism must come to an end.
The dictionary defines “lemming” as any of various small, thickset rodents (rats), especially of the genus Lemmus, inhabiting northern regions (as in the nation’s capital) and known for periodic mass migrations that sometimes end in drowning. How appropriate.
While leading the “lemmings” over the cliff this past weekend (read Democrats in the House of Representatives who voted for the ill-advised, job killing, tax hiking, deficit exploding, trillion-dollar national health care bill) the President of the United States implored that they must “seize the moment, answer the call of history, and embrace the bill’s ambitious objectives...this is our moment to live up to the trust the American people, and millions of illegal immigrants, have placed in us.”
You jest. What “trust” Mr. President? You are attempting to drown us, but we are not lemmings and we will not follow your lead. You may still be maintaining some degree of popularity in the polls, but those polls also say we DO NOT TRUST YOU and we believe, overwhelmingly, that America is headed in the wrong direction, under your (lack of) leadership. We are not lemmings nor are we mindless sheep.
(Okay, he did not say “and millions of illegal immigrants” but it’s quite clear he is not working in the best interests of the great citizens of this great country. Did you know, in the upcoming 2010 census, this President and Congress want to not only count all people in this country, citizens and non-citizens alike, but he also wants reapportionment in Congress to be based on the total head count and not citizens only. That’s just what we don’t need, more representatives from California in Congress, like House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. The U.S. Constitution states that representation in Congress should be based on the number of people in each state, however, do you believe representation in Congress should be based on citizens and non-citizens alike? Hardly. The problem is illegal immigrants were not an issue 220 years ago.)
The dictionary defines arrogance (right next to the president’s photo) as conceit, pride, swagger, pretension, bluster, hubris, pomposity, insolence, high-handedness, conceitedness, scornfulness and more. That about sums it up. The quality or condition of being humble, meek or modest in behavior, attitude, or spirit, not arrogant or prideful, will not soon be attributed to Barrack Hussein Obama.
Our country is in deep trouble…the values and principles of our Founding Fathers are crumbling faster than you can say “Obama is an inexperienced and weak president.” (and a “fraud according to Charles Krauthammer).
It is now official…America has been dumbed down and is on the path to destruction.
• Many of our children are no longer learning reading, writing and arithmetic.
• Criminals are now victims because they were abused as children. (Why don’t we punish their parents, rather than society by giving them lenient sentences?)
• What does “not guilty by reason of insanity” mean? We know they committed a crime, why can’t we say “guilty, but nuts”?
• Why do the labor unions, all of a sudden, own General Motors?
• What happened to the free market economy with little government intervention?
• Why are we bowing to terrorists and those nations who harbor them?
• Why is redistribution of wealth a good idea…taking from the rich and giving to the poor. Thou shalt not steal (remember that?) nor tolerate among us anyone who does?
• What happened to taking responsibility for your own actions?
• Why is the government telling us to stop talking on the telephone while driving? Will talking to passengers in the car be the next thing government prohibition? What about drinking a soda, turning on the radio, playing a CD, or putting on makeup while driving? (Well the last one may be a good idea…especially while drinking a cup of coffee, talking on the cell phone and driving at the same time.) How about closing all fast-food, drive-ins restaurants? After all, we don’t want you eating while driving, do we?
• Why don’t we all just stop working? Not a bad idea. The government will take care of us all. But wait, there’s the rub, where does the government get its ill-gotten gains?
The national healthcare legislation being pushed by President Obama is an act of desperation. He is trying to save his presidency, but ironically, it will be the straw that broke the camel’s back…the reason which causes his presidency to fail. That is unless we “kill the bill.” Those words are resonating daily at modern day tea parties throughout the country. Perhaps Mr. Obama has awoken a sleeping giant, the dreaded silent majority. We shall see.
Do not let your President “seize the moment.” Every American citizen should say “enough is enough.” Every citizen who cares about American should seize this moment and stop our out of control and irresponsible government and save our country.
Don’t miss the next historic opportunity which will occur next year when we can “throw the bums out.” (all those who voted for Obamacare, including Congressman Anh “Joseph” Cao, Republican from Louisiana, arguably the state with a history of having the most corrupt politicians in the nation. Chicagoans, including President Obama, may not want to cede that title, however.)
Seize the moment, now and in November 2010, in your national, state and local elections and stop our country from drowning in more debt. Let’s return leadership and common sense to every level of government, or give up. The choice is yours.
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing…” Edmund Burke